For Immediate Release
Contact: Sheryl Gonzales
Western Nevada Development District
The requirements for the energy infrastructure to meet future needs as well as the development of new energy technologies will be spotlighted during the Nevada Economic Development Conference May 19-21.
The two-day conference is expected to draw at least 350 of the region’s leaders for a wide-ranging discussion of Nevada’s economic path. It’s at the Joe Crowley Student Union on the University of Nevada, Reno, campus.
Register at www.wndd.org.
Scheduled speakers include:
- Tom Clark of Tom Clark Solutions will present on the state and local energy policies positively affecting Nevada.
- Jeff Helion of Nevada Energy on innovative energy projects in Nevada.
- Lauren Scott of Alkcon Corp. on bioenergy in Nevada.
- Mark Williams of NV Energy on the electric network and energy resources.
- Debra Gallo and Holly Lloyd of Southwest Gas on a plan for the natural gas infrastructure in northern Nevada.
- Alden Hathaway of Atlanta-based Sterling Planet Inc. on renewable energy credits, white tags and carbon offsets.
- Mark Gilbreth, Chief Technology Officer with Regatta Solutions will present on the efficiencies of combined heat and power production.
- Mark Hauenstein of the consulting firm Technical Designs on deregulation to spur economic growth.
- Rex Stock from Rebo Energy Inc., Cory Ebgert of Homestretch Energy, Wayne Baker from Aspen Engineering and Kevin Meyer from Mesa Energy Services will present on geothermal power – Harnessing the Power, Reap the Benefits.
The Nevada Economic Development Conference is presented by the Western Nevada Development District, the College of Business at the University of Nevada, Reno, and USDA Rural Development.
For additional information on registration, call 775-883-7333 ext. 2000.