At Regatta Solutions, we believe that demand management is as important as supply management. How much power are you using? Where are you using energy? Has that changed from year to year? Where should you start saving first? How much can you save? Regatta knows it is challenging to manage utility costs. There is so much data, so many utility programs, and many companies selling new technology. How does all of that fit together? Regatta Solutions provides Benchmarking, Audits, and Retro-commissioning to help you understand what you are using and when.
What We Do
- ENERGY ASSESSMENT OF BUILDINGS
- ENERGY PROCESS MANAGEMENT
- ENERGY BUILDING BENCHMARKING
- DEMAND CHARGE MITIGATION STRATEGIES
- PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTING SUPPORT
- LOCAL & STATE ENERGY COMPLIANCE
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
ENERGY ASSESSMENT OF BUILDINGS
Through the Agave® service, we collect information on your energy usage trends and subsequent tariff impacts. We blend that against the existing energy-consuming equipment in the facility to understand overall energy patterns. Through the Agave® analytics, we provide clients with a comprehensive analysis of energy efficiency options, including multiple mechanical, lighting, and opportunity to implement distributed generation systems that provide greater resiliency for the enterprise.
ENERGY PROCESS MANAGEMENT
Using Agave®, we work with clients to develop best in a class process to manage their energy usage and cost. Today’s energy management best practice establishes that energy audits need to incorporate the dynamic aspects of energy usage and consistent changes in utility tariffs. The often-overlooked item is that there are significant non-energy benefits from evaluating an enterprise’s energy usage and cost. Regatta helps clients implement measurement and targeting, measurement, and verification systems that deliver big data analytics and critical business intelligence for enterprises to optimize energy usage and get higher returns on their energy improvement and energy system investments.
ENERGY BUILDING BENCHMARKING
Regatta’s benchmarking engagement measures energy performance of a single facility over time, relative to other similar buildings, or modeled simulations of a reference building built to a specific standard (such as an energy code). Benchmarking is helpful as it facilitates energy accounting, comparing a facility’s energy use to similar facilities to assess opportunities for improvement, and quantifying/verifying energy savings. Commercial building energy performance benchmarking is a foundational element of an organization’s energy management strategy because you can’t manage what you don’t measure.
DEMAND CHARGE MITIGATION STRATEGIES
Regatta works with its clients on developing demand charge mitigation strategies through the use of the Agave® Analytics Suite. A recent client has saved over $150,000 in annual demand charges by creating a new start-up optimization process to avoid demand charges during opening manufacturing shift changes.
PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTING SUPPORT
Regatta can provide owner representation on energy solution projects, strategic project planning, feasibility studies, transaction review, request for proposal review, constructability review, and general project consultation/coaching.
LOCAL & STATE ENERGY COMPLIANCE
Regatta helps clients comply with local and state energy efficiency compliance programs, including LA EBEEWE, Energy and Water Building Performance Programs, and others.
ENERGY MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Regatta Solutions can help your staff with:
- Periodic Reviews – Regatta Solutions can provide a wide range of ongoing services, from “full service” daily management to semi-annual or annual utility “check-ups.” The level and frequency of Regatta involvement that we recommend is a function of client preference, the variety and complexity of utility accounts, and the number of utility expenditures.
- Strategic Planning – Regatta Solutions can provide a strategic plan that prioritizes key initiatives to optimize energy usage and reduce costs. We can assist with the implementation of the program, and subsequent M&V of results, at whatever level of involvement that clients choose.