Happy Earth Day! Started in 1970, this is the 45th anniversary of a timeless truth: Waste Not, Want Not. This colorful day of clean-ups and celebrations is really about resource use. It’s one day out of 365 days to challenge ourselves to meet our needs and wants with as few resources as possible.
At Regatta Solutions, we work with manufacturers, breweries, data centers, hotels, hospitals, and other businesses with significant energy demands. These organizations have committed to investing in methods that meet their production or service goals with fewer resources. Whether driven by expense reduction or a desire to curb resource use, the result is an improved industrial ecology.
With each company that thoughtfully and strategically commits to efficiency in design, materials, and operations, fewer resources are taken from the planet, and less waste is pushed back at the environment. That’s worth celebrating!
So on this Earth Day 2015, we at Regatta Solutions applaud the decision makers who have accepted the resource challenge by:
- Installing food waste capture systems to produce methane for energy and compost.
- Heating water with recycled waste heat.
- Operating machinery with cogeneration.
- Scheduling energy audits.
- Taking action on their energy audits!
- Collecting and reusing their scrap material to reduce waste.
- Lighting and cooling their facilities with Combined Heat and Power (CHP).
These are the actions to model and the businesses to patronize.
Enjoy your day, and enjoy the challenge!